COUNTDOWN TO PADDLE AT GPC
PLATFORM TENNIS COURTS ARE NOW OPEN FOR PLAY !!
GPC Platform Tennis construction process !! We are ready for play!
Paddle has an extremely fun geometric quality embedded into the structure of the sport. Unlike tennis, once the ball hits the court surface it can be played off the screens until it hits the surface a second time. This gives players in the back-court ample time to play a shot.
A much more dynamic and strategic version of tennis with the potential for longer, more creative points.
Aside from the unique physical properties of the sport, there are many other reasons to play paddle. It is one of the only sports that can be played outdoors during the winter! Snow and ice are cleared using heaters located underneath the raised platform surface.
It is also well heralded for the social atmosphere it provides as there are many leagues and events throughout the season.
We will offer the following Paddle Programs:
- LESSONS & DRILLS
- OPEN PLAY
- RESERVED COURT TIMES
- LEAGUES & TOURNAMENTS
- PARTIES & EVENTS
The regular paddle season runs from the beginning of fall through the end of winter but spring and summer leagues will also be available.
Glenbrook Paddle Club offers programs for players of all types. Click the links below to learn more about each program!
Players with less than 3 complete seasons of paddle under their belt will benefit from this 5-week program designed to rapidly accelerate their understanding of the framework for paddle tennis point structure. This course will cover the following:
- Complete overview of each individual stroke type
- Elementary strategy and court positioning
- How to utilize screens
- How to properly keep score and start points
Geared toward players with at least 3 years of playing experience, these courses are designed to enhance technical skillsets to improve the execution of shots. Courses include the following:
- Spin Generation (2 levels)
- Topspin/Roller Progression (2 levels)
- Serve Augmentation (3 levels)
- Block Lob/Screen Lob Development (2 levels)
- Drive/Volley Sequence (2 levels)
- Overhead Advancement (3 levels)
Players with at least 3 years of playing experience looking to enhance their strategic approach to the game will benefit from the following courses:
See Platform Tennis Drill Outline
The CPTC League is the largest paddle tennis league in the country. Teams in this league will compete against other clubs in the Chicago area on a designated match day/time. The CPTC league offers a great format for consistent competition across a wide variety of skill levels. Schedules are listed below:
- October 2nd-March 14th
- Tuesday-Thursday 7:00PM-10:00PM
- October 11th-March 22nd
- Thursday 9:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00PM-3:00PM
- Friday 9:00AM-12:00PM
For more information please contact Christi Turdo at email@example.com
The Glenbrook Paddle Club League is an in-house league that allows members easy access to a fun, social and competitive format at the club. Members will compete for individual efficiency ratings and the winner of each division will receive a year-end prize.
Glenbrook Paddle Club will be hosting matches for the growing demand for spring and summer league play. Schedules TBD.
Junior paddle clinics will be available for kids looking for a fun winter activity! Paddle is a great way for kids to enjoy the outdoors while bonding and learning a new skillset. In addition to the clinics we also will offer the following Junior programing:
- Pizza & Paddle
- High School Leagues
FULL MEMBERSHIP – (July 1 – June 30)
$895.00 (Adult) $145.00 (Junior)
- Unlimited court time at no extra cost
- Includes participation in the CPTC travel league (league fee)
- Early Access and sign up for Court Reservations – 5 days in advance
- Membership to Pickle Club (limited – Bronze Membership level)
- Guest fee $10.00 per person
- Pro Shop discount of 10%
- Facility Rental Discount
- 10 free guest passes per year
PARTIAL MEMBERSHIP – (July 1 – June 30)
$595.00 (Adult) $105.00 (Junior)
- Limited court time on NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
- Advanced court reservations – 3 days in advance
- Use of Pickle Club for a discounted fee
- May NOT play on CPTC Travel teams under this membership (full membership required)
- 5 Free Guest passes per year
JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP – (July 1 – June 30)
- Unlimited access to court time (when available) Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm for no additions costs when courts are not programmed with leagues, lessons, or events.
- Walk On options all day on the weekends. If enrolled in our Junior program there is a walk on fee of $10 per court, in not enrolled in the junior program, the walk on fee is $20.00 per court.
Non Member Fee
Non Members may play on our courts for a fee. Fee will consist of a GUEST fee and a COURT fee (see costs below)
- Court Cost is $15 pp per 1.5 hours
- May participate in our In House League for an upcharge
- Guest Fee $10.00 per person